Digital marketing, web marketing, e-marketing: How to find your way today in such a wide field of applications? With the digital explosion of the last twenty years.
The concept of digital marketing has greatly expanded and now includes all marketing-related practices that use web media and channels.
- BUILD YOUR WEB PRESENCE WITH DIGITAL MARKETING
- WHY DO DIGITAL MARKETING?
- THE DIFFERENT LEVERS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
- SEO AND SEA
- DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: WHICH STRATEGY TO ADOPT?
- DIGITAL MARKETING: ONLINE PUBLIC RELATIONS, WHAT TO DO?
- AFFILIATE STRATEGY
- NATIVE ADVERTISING WITHIN YOUR DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
- DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY: THE IMPORTANCE OF E-MAILING
- THINK ABOUT MOBILE MARKETING IN YOUR DIGITAL STRATEGY
- DIGITAL MARKETING: IMPLEMENTING INBOUND MARKETING
- Leads With Inbound Marketing
- Marketing Strategy Be Quite Ineffective
BUILD YOUR WEB PRESENCE WITH DIGITAL MARKETING
Almost all companies now have a website, an essential tool for being visible and for meeting consumer expectations.
Very quickly, the development of search engine algorithms revealed that a website alone was not enough on its own.
To become known on the Web and target the consumer, strategies have been developed over time, encompassed in what is called digital marketing.
WHY DO DIGITAL MARKETING?
THE BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
Why do companies use digital marketing or use a digital marketing agency?
Simply because a digital strategy offers multiple advantages, applicable to all types of businesses, of different sizes and means :
- Digital marketing allows direct interaction with the customer.
- The information obtained about consumers helps you to adapt the offer and to offer a personalized product or service that meets their needs.
- Digital marketing promotes customer loyalty and satisfaction through a lasting and quality relationship.
- It also saves cost and budget: offering a website costs less than setting up a physical store.
- Digital marketing creates 24/7 availability for your business.
- The international opening is facilitated.
- The gain in visibility improves your brand image and makes it possible to reach a wider audience.
- Digital marketing offers many more facilities and possibilities (for the company, but also for employees thanks to telework).
- The results on the performance of your company are much more precise than before thanks to the analysis of KPIs.
- Digital marketing also makes it possible to target new customers, detect leads.
- And thus differentiate themselves from the competition thanks to a tailor-made strategy.
THE DIFFERENT LEVERS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
SEO AND SEA
SEO is essential to increase traffic to your site.
Good SEO allows you to position yourself in the top results of search engines.
However, the broader concept also encompasses all actions taken to attract traffic and influence the number of visitors.
Two methods exist to achieve this:
- The SEO using keywords to relevant content on your site that will make your positioning in web searches.
- The paid search, which corresponds to the purchase of ads such as an AdWords campaign or banners.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) refers to methods related to natural referencing (netlinking, content marketing, etc.).
While SEA is paid referencing (display only, selective display, etc.).
Which method should be favored for your SEO strategy? Are they complementary?
SEO, if it seems less expensive than SEA, is a long-term job. It relies on the regular writing of articles in order to go up in the search engine results.
SEA saves time but is not self-sufficient: Buying AdWords campaigns will not be much use if it. If the site is empty of relevant content or information.
On the other hand, it improves your SEO by filling the gaps in SEO. The two methods are therefore perfectly complementary.
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: WHICH STRATEGY TO ADOPT?
Social media or SMO (Social Media Optimization) is an integral part of any effective digital marketing.
Understand by SMO the wider field of searches via social networks, more and more popular with the use of hashtags for example.
The social networks allow among others to increase traffic to your site through the publication of regular posts about your business.
5 good reasons to develop a social media strategy for your SaaS business
In ten years, social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest … have become essential.
What is a social media strategy for?
- Increase the visibility of your SaaS B2B business: by publishing content regularly, you will widen your audience and the visibility of your activity.
- Improve communication with customers: each post, like, sharing, the private message used by Internet users is a communication channel.
- Reduce marketing costs: cheaper than an advertising campaign, a well-constructed social media strategy can be just as profitable.
- Deepen the knowledge of customers/prospects: the information collected makes it possible to refine the knowledge of your personas and therefore of your offer.
- Generate trust and credibility: the presence of a SaaS company on social networks generates trust and implies an ability to respond and deal with problems effectively.
DIGITAL MARKETING: ONLINE PUBLIC RELATIONS, WHAT TO DO?
Public relations is an important strategy in the vast field of digital marketing.
What is online PR? They aim to develop the image of your company on the Internet, namely its e-reputation.
In reality, a PR campaign builds your credibility on the web: if the Internet talks about you via different channels, you stand out.
Online communities and blogs are the main supports for developing your public relations and sharing the values of your business.
An affiliation is a contract between a merchant site and partner sites affiliated with its program.
In concrete terms, this means that a partner site hosts affiliated content (banners, links, product catalogs) which will redirect the visitor to the merchant site.
This marketing method increases the acquisition of traffic.
What are the advantages?
- Affiliation offers a win-win relationship: if you are the merchant site, you increase your traffic, while the partner site earns a commission on each click or sale from its site.
- The commissions are variable or fixed sales or clicks.
NATIVE ADVERTISING WITHIN YOUR DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
Native advertising is a form of advertising that was created with or against the massive arrival of banner ads on the web.
The idea is to produce an advertisement that does not appear to be an advertisement.
By integrating naturally on a media site, in the form of “brand content” native advertising integrates with existing content and appears as an additional source of information.
Native advertising can take a variety of forms :
- Sponsored commercial links that appear in search results.
- Sponsored tickets: sponsored content that we regularly see on social networks.
- Recommendation widgets: disseminated on quality sites.
- Sponsored lists: on Google, Amazon, Etsy.
- Feature articles or infographics: articles or infographics that highlight the company’s product or service in a more general context, published in the web press.
Companies are increasingly using it in the face of the increase in adblockers and the promotion of content on the Internet
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY: THE IMPORTANCE OF E-MAILING
E-mailing refers to marketing campaigns disseminated in the form of e-mails, with the aim of promoting a company, a product or a service by directly addressing a user via his e-mail address.
Long king of acquisition strategies, e-mailing however suffered from the automatic blockers of mailboxes which immediately sent them to spam.
Is the email dead? Well no! An e-mailing campaign would even be more effective than a sponsored campaign on social networks. Even today, e-mail offers a very direct form of contact with your customers and prospects in B2B.
Here are some tips for an effective B2B email campaign:
- Take care of the subject of your email: it must be impactful to push the recipient to open it.
- Use good software and segment the database.
- Favor a short and readable message as well as a neat design.
- Be respectful of the regulations: pay attention to the e-mailing lists purchased for which you do not have the agreement of your contacts.
- Clearly express the contribution of your added value to the client/prospect.
THINK ABOUT MOBILE MARKETING IN YOUR DIGITAL STRATEGY
The invasion of smartphones in our daily lives has brought about a new form of mobile marketing.
The numbers are clear: in 2018, global Internet traffic via computer represented only 46%, compared to 54% for mobile devices.
By 2021, mobiles are expected to reach 61% of global Internet traffic.
Faced with such a preponderance, some companies have ended up developing a “mobile-first” strategy. That is to say that most of the efforts and investments are intended for mobile users.
To establish a “mobile-first” strategy, the methods vary from responsive design to the creation of mobile applications.
DIGITAL MARKETING: IMPLEMENTING INBOUND MARKETING
Inbound marketing literally means “inbound marketing”: this digital marketing strategy is based on the idea of attracting natural traffic with quality content rather than going to canvass your potential prospects.
The methodology is based on 4 pillars: attract, convert, transform and retain.
Leads With Inbound Marketing
How does Inbound Marketing generate more leads? The regular problem of B2B SaaS often comes down to this question: how to find new prospects?
With new consumption habits, consumers no longer wait for brands to come looking for them, they go directly to them: Inbound marketing was born from this observation.
For decades, the rule of thumb for any good marketer was to go after the customer.
Digital marketing has obviously not escaped the trend, and companies have saturated the Web with advertising messages, addressed to the greatest number in the hope of reaching a few.
Marketing Strategy Be Quite Ineffective
This strategy turns out to be quite ineffective today: saturated with advertisements, the Web sees its users tired by this permanent bludgeoning.
Companies have understood this and are gradually turning away from this avant-garde marketing.
According to a HubSpot study, in 2016, some 17% of marketing professionals still believe that Outbound would be more effective for the generation of leads.
The obvious solution, instead of looking for prospects on the Internet, is to use the Internet to naturally attract prospects, using tools like:
- The website: a showcase of your activity on the Web, essential for providing the information sought by the client.
- The creation of a blog: to give informative added value to your prospect.
- L ‘ use of social networks: to expand your audience and generate maximum leads.
- The role of salespeople: instead of prospecting, salespeople turn to through inbound marketing.
- A base of already interested prospects. Their role is now to convert them!
The success of Inbound Marketing in figures:
A HubSpot ROI study, published in 2015, proves the growing success of inbound marketing:
– 92.34% of businesses say they are increasing their traffic ;
– 92.7% generate more leads;
– 42.2% increase their conversion rate from leads to customers.
In addition, the Hubspot solution is positioned as the world leader among inbound marketing platforms.
Indeed, it is an all-in-one tool that combines the functionality of CRM, CMS, social publications, etc.
THE IMPORTANCE OF MARKETING AUTOMATION
Automated marketing that would do everything for you? Not exactly, but almost! This method automates certain tasks, analyzes the data collected and then personalizes your communication.
How does marketing automation work? The marketing automation gives the opportunity to study at first the behavior of leads or customers by analyzing their behavior in front of the various options.
Marketing automation analyzes:
- Web browsing.
- The reactions to e-mailing playing time, CTR, etc.
- The behavior on social media: engagement, number of likes, shares, comments, etc.
In a second step, it allows you to adapt your inbound marketing strategy according to the statistics generated automatically.
To give a concrete example of the results of marketing automation, 80% of leads rejected by salespeople become customers within 24 months.
How is it possible? Marketing automation acts on several fronts :
- It refines the scoring.
- He adapts the storytelling to the lead/client.
Marketing automation software is complementary to an inbound marketing strategy.
It takes over where the inbound strategy is less effective and intensifies the results of your implemented strategy.
CONTENT MARKETING: CENTRAL ELEMENT OF YOUR DIGITAL MARKETING
Content marketing, a “content strategy” in French, is an essential component of digital marketing and especially inbound marketing.
The content strategy is quite simply the provision of informative, playful content with real added value in order to attract its customers or prospects.
White papers, digital magazines, blogs dedicated to the brand image: there are many ways to nurture a strategy of this type.
Content marketing is used to:
- Generate visits.
- Encourage conversion into e-commerce: videos, customer reviews, advice on sizes, etc.
- Create support dedicated to the promotion of the brand.
Content marketing versus Inbound marketing?
Our content marketing and inbound marketing two opposite strategies or conversely closely linked?
The content is in a way the fuel of your inbound marketing strategy: the two are therefore rather linked.
If you are developing an inbound marketing strategy, content is a key component. Inbound works with relevant content, which stems from a solid content strategy.
Your blog articles, for example, must resonate with each other to offer a precise approach to your information sector and thus convert your leads.
Content and inbound marketing go hand in hand: the articles published need the support of a general Inbound campaign to reveal their full potential and reach optimal reach.
Ultimately, an ideal digital marketing strategy would be to use each existing lever. But for lack of means and at the risk of spreading it out, this is not always possible.
Focus on the needs of your business, the nature of your prospects (B2B or B2C), the timing imposed on you, your technical and financial means in order to design a personalized strategy.